- Time: 1st period after school (roughly 2:50-4:15) on Friday afternoons.
- Location: two of the 4th-grade trailers behind the main building.
- Content: we cover topics to supplement/ complement the regular math curriculum. There will be no homework assignments.
- Competitions: About once a month our meeting is spent taking an exam provided by the national math olympiad organization (MOEMS).
- Cost: suggested donation $20/student to cover MOEMS membership, supplies, trophies, etc. No student will be turned away for non-payment.
- After-school participation: Even if your student is not part of the regular after-school program, he/ she may participate. Contact the Roberts administration for more details.
- Parent volunteers: We have several roles for parents to fill, see below. All volunteers must be VIPS approved and check-in at Reception every week before coming to the classroom.
- How to sign up: Please fill out the questionnaire at http://bit.ly/RobertsMathClubSignup
- Schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1edeWi13ym5tqLf9UggpumV5Z44zEvEcMS3yrmelo8X0/edit?usp=sharing
- Further info: Please contact Gary Woods, [email protected]
To volunteer: We need parents to fill the following roles. For the in-person roles, the goal is to reduce the burden on parents to about 1x/ month.
- Administrator Assist with notifications, scheduling, websites, etc. This can be done on your own time, and the work could be distributed among multiple parents.
- Grader Record scores for the monthly MOEMS exams. Could help tabulate attendance also. This can also be done on your own time.
- Classroom assistant provide guidance to students in the classroom. Ideally about 4 parents per class session (2 for each classroom).
- Instructor lead the classroom sessions. Not as scary as it sounds! You only need a basic math background. We will work out curriculum in advance.