In preparation for the close out of the 2019-2020 school year, we will be gathering student materials from classrooms and lockers for distribution during the week of May 26th. During this time, parents are also expected to return any items that belong to teachers or the school such as library books, book bags or other items. Students will be allowed to keep working technology until the end of June for continuous access to HISD virtual learning platforms.
HISD has implemented strict policies for social distancing and the use of PPE to keep staff members and our community safe. Therefore, the outlined procedures listed below must be followed without exception.
Pick Up/Drop Procedures:
- Items will be picked up via the carpool line on School street. For the safety of everyone, all parents must access the carpool line in a car. No walk-ups are allowed.
- Remain in your vehicle. We will place and retrieve items from your trunk. DO NOT get out of your car for any reason including to open your trunk or to adjust items in your trunk. Please ensure that there is adequate space in your trunk prior to arriving to the school.
- If you are returning items, make sure you place them in a sealed bag with your child’s name and teacher name clearly marked and place in the trunk of your car.
- On the passenger side dashboard, post a large visible paper with your child’s first name, last name and teacher name printed legibly.
- Follow the directions of the staff in the carpool line directing you to the designated space to retrieve items.
- Once the designated staff has placed and/or retrieve items from your trunk, we ask that you immediately exit the carpool line so that we can keep the line moving.
- Please only come during your designated time. If you have children in multiple grade levels, we encourage you to pick up items at the designated time as we are only able to accommodate one grade level at time in the carpool line.
- 5th grade will pick up will take during their promotion ceremony and a separate communication will be sent directly to 5th grade parents.
- If you are not planning to pick up items from the school, please let your child’s teacher know as we have many items to prepare in a short period of time.
Tuesday, May 26th
- K: 8:30a – 9:30a
- 1st: 10:30a-11:30a
- 2nd: 12:30p – 1:30p
Wednesday, May 27th
- 3rd: 8:30a – 9:30a
- 4th: 10:30a – 11:30a
- Multi-grade/Open: 12:30p – 1:30p
As a final reminder, please make sure you are familiar with the guidelines listed and follow explicitly. We want our staff to remain safe during this time and the only way that will happen is if everyone follows the expectations.
Thank you in advance for doing so!
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here